TIPS FOR ESSAY CORRECTIONS
The following tips apply to all the essays (i.e. sections A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K & L).
- Check that the content of your essays is relevant to the topic and that you cover the information in sufficient detail - mentioning a fact is usually not enough.
- Make sure that your essays are logically organized.
- Try to use your own words as much as possible. Quotes are better than plagiarism but you will get marked down if you use a lot of them.
- Make sure all your references are in your reference list and in your text. Vincent's essay on "Digestion in Herbivores" is a good example of how to put your references in the text. Please note that he used his own words so no quotes were needed.
- Make sure that you do not repeat references in your reference list.
- Make sure that you have used at least three references for each essay.
- Make sure that you use other sources as well as Wikipedia.
University of the Western Cape
Private Bag X17